Saturday, April 8, 2023

Wine Tasting 4/5/23

 Name: 19 Crimes Cali Rose

Variety: 75% Zinfandel, 20% Grenache, 5% Pinot Noir

Country: United States

Region: California 

Vintage Year: 2020

Price: 12

Wine Review: As mentioned, strawberry, melon and another aroma I couldn’t place were plentiful. 19 crimes haven’t made a really bad wine yet and this is no exception.

Wine Folly: I got a taste of mushroom and I was wondering how or why I tasted it. I looked on page 150 about Pinot Noir and this variety can give off a mushroom taste. I know this wine only had 5% Pinot Noir, but I still got that flavor. 

My review: The color was a pink tint with a little bit of orange. The smell is sweet, fresh, flowery, outdoorsy.  This wine was very light and I got a cherry hint at first but then a weird aftertaste almost tasted like eating a mushroom. I like mushrooms, but it did not taste good in this wine. I was hoping I liked this wine, but I was disappointed that I didn't. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if ...