Sunday, April 16, 2023

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if there were any differences. I didn’t like the previous one because it lacked flavor.   

Name: Barefoot wine-to-go Pinot Grigio 

Variety: Pinot Gris

Country: US

Region: California 

Vintage Year: 2018

Price: 4

Wine Review: Surprisingly refreshing bottle. Dominated by citrus, apple and a hint of tropical fruit. Medium bodied. For the price, it's quite good!

Wine Folly: Page 149. This page talked about the grape variety. The description had some elements that were the same as the wine I tried. I think that if I had a pinot grigio from Italy a lot more characteristics would have been the same. 

My review: I was comparing this to one I had before that just tasted water down. This one definitely had more flavors. I could taste peaches and more tropical fruits. There were acidic components that helped add to the texture. I don’t think I will buy this one again, but I wouldn’t rule out getting a wine-to-go bottle.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if ...