Sunday, April 16, 2023

Last wine tastings 4/15/23

 Name: Amboscato Sweet Red 

Variety: Ancellotta Emiliana, Bracchetto Piemontese

Country: Italy

Region: Emilia-Romagna, Piemonte 

Vintage Year: 2021

Price: 10

Wine Review: Aroma: Rich and fresh nose, bringing back notes of wild strawberries and other red berries. Palate: Fresh, slightly sparkling, sweet and fruity (notes of red currants and raspberries). Food suggestions: As an aperitif, with pasta, pizza or as a dessert wine.

Wine Folly: Page 256. I found the region of Italy this wine was made in and found a lambrusco. This is a sparkling red, but it had all the flavors of the Amboscato. The text listed cherry, blackberry, violet, and cream which could all be found in the wine. I am excited to try this wine and see if there is difference. 

My review: The color was medium red. This wine was sweet, but not overly sweet where it tasted like grape juice.I could taste a lot of fruit flavors like raspberry, cherry, plum. When I smelled it, there were hints of chocolate and raspberry. The alcohol content was only 5% so me and my boyfriend finished the bottle that night. I will be buying this wine again. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if ...