Saturday, April 8, 2023

Wine Tasting 4/5/23

 Name: Castello Del Poggio Moscato

Variety: Muscat grapes

Country of Origin: Italy

Region: Gambella, Italy 

Vintage Year: 2021

Price: $3.50


Wine Review: On the palate, it is sweet and lively, with a balanced acidity that keeps it from being cloying. The flavors are intense and persistent, with a perfect balance between the sweetness and acidity. The wine is well-rounded, with notes of peaches, apricots, and honey, and a long, refreshing finish.

Wine Folly: On page 193, the moscato d'asti was the most similar to the one I tried. There were hints of peach, orange and a very sweet aroma. This type of moscato is made in Italy as well. The ABV was a little higher than what is stated in the book, but not by much. This wine was a 7% ABV so it was lower than most wines. 

My review: The color was light yellow with light bubbles. I smelled apples and peaches. Overall it smelled sweet. I could taste the apple, and it was also acidic because I could feel bubbling on my tongue. I really enjoyed this wine. I didn't try it with any food, but I would love to see what I could pair it with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if ...