Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Wine Tasting 3/28/23

Name: Chateau Morrisette, Farmhouse Sangria


Variety: blend, of chardonnay, cabernet sauvignon, verdejo, and merlot

Country U.S

Region: Virginia (Meadows of Dan)

Vintage year: 2019

Price: $9

Wine Review: From their website, the winemaker's notes: Made from delicious red wine, dark sweet cherries, oranges, and limes, this festive Sangria is bursting with abundant, lively fruit aromas. Sweet and smooth, with a mouth-watering juicy character.

Wine Folly: On page 92 was the most similar wine I could find. There were lots of fruity flavors in this wine. The Castelo had the same flavors listed. This included plum and strawberry, cherry flavors. There wasn’t an acidic finish. 

My Review: I really enjoyed this wine.The smell wasn’t the best, it didn;t smell fruity. I love all the fruit flavors I got, there was cherry, lime, and plum.  I am excited to get more likes and try pairing them with food. I loved how it was fruity, but still gave off the characteristics of a wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if ...