Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Wine Tasting 3/28/23

Name: Baby Prosceo


Variety: Glera

Country of Origin: Italy

Region: Veneto

Vintage: 2016

Price: $9

Wine Review: From a wine shop: Tasting Notes - It's a semi-sparkling wine with a pale straw yellow color. Delicate bouquet with typical notes that remind of wild apple, honey and flowers. On the palate the taste is fruity, fresh and crisp with fine bubbles

Wine Folly: One page 155, it is stated there are pear, green apple, honey dew flavors. I could taste the pear, and the acidity at the end. But there wasn’t much taste to it. This also had a bubbly texture. The one I had was DOC, which is considered a lower quality and could explain why the flavors weren’t as present. 

My Review: This was not my kind of wine. There wasn’t much of a smell or taste. There was a kick at the end. I did taste pear flavors and a nice bubbly texture as well.  This would probably be paired with a bold meal because this isn’t that bold. I did not try it with food, but it would be interesting to see what foods could enhance the flavors.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if ...