Sunday, April 16, 2023

Cheese and Wine 3/29/23

My first paring was Vendamge Chardonnay and Asiago cheese. The smell of the chardonnay was freshing, clean and a faint citrus. Before the cheese the taste was tangy, cutrus, slight acidity. After the Asiago cheese it was super tangy in the begining and then faded to more citrus. Overall I liked it better before the cheese because it was tangy for me with cheese. 




My second pairing was Vendamge Pinot Grigio and Asiago. The smell of the pinot grigio was tropical, maybe cococunt but overall sweet. The taste before the cheese was dry, pear and not much flavor at all. After the Asiago the wine was less dry, but it cut out the little flavors that were present. This wine was almost water-like so I think with a differnt pinot grigio the pairing would have been different. 














My last pairing was Cabernet Saivignon and Gouda. The cabernet smelled like vinegar with a sharp acidic zing and also a hint of something sweet like a cherry. The taste before the cheese very tannic, but also left a burning sensation on my tounge, there were hints of cherry and maybe even leather. After the gouda the wine felt warmer, there was a bite at the begining but didn't last long, the wine was less dry and there were hints of oak as well. I think drinking this wine with a steak would have been better.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if ...