Thursday, March 2, 2023

Wine Tasting #2

Name: Barefoot Fruitscato

Variety: Moscato 

County of Origin: United States 

Region: Modesto, California

Vintage year: 2019

Wine Review: Pale pink coral color. Aromas of watermelon, fresh peach, honeysuckle, and apricot with a soft, crisp, petillant, moderately sweet light body and a polished, medium-length strawberry candies and ripe peach finish. A fresh and fruity sweet Moscato that will hit the spot. With an overall score of 89.

Wine Folly Page 138-139. There were many different kinds of Moscatos. The one that was the most similar to the Barefoot Fruitscato was moscato d’Asti. It was noted that there would be hints of citrus, flowery and some melons. I definitely got the citrus with the peach flavor. It was also bubbly which was another characteristic of a moscato. This was definitely a sweeter wine. 

My Review: I was worried at first that it would taste more like juice than wine. It didn’t. There were lots of peach tones, but I also got an acidic ending that helped it taste more like wine. This wine was also bubbly which I liked because it added more texture to the wine. I did try this wine with aged cheddar and havarti. The havarti made it more neutral and took away the tangy and sweetness of the wine. The aged cheddar made all the tanginess come together. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if ...