Saturday, March 18, 2023

Drink This Now Lesson

 Barefoot Reisling California: $7 

The smell was pretty much the same chilled and non chilled, it was sweet and peary;It smelled fruity. The taste chilled was so good, I really enjoyed this wine. It was crisp and clean; I could taste the orange, and peach flavors. After it was chilled the flavors were very bland. I could taste the sweetness, but it was very subtle. The color was light to clear, there was a clear difference between chilled and warm. I rate this a 8/10 when chilled and 6/10 when room temperature. 












Ste Chateau Michelle: Dry reisling: $10

The dry riesling chilled was clean, crisp and had a citrus flavor. The smell gave hints of banana and citrus. The dry riersing room temperature had no flavor but it was more tangy. The smell was very faint, I couldn't figure out what the smells were, but I could detect a tangy substance. This was a 5/10 room temperature and 7/10 chilled. 

   











Overall they were so much better chilled. When being chilled the flavors were enhanced and I was able to taste them all. When the wine was room temp, the favors were hidden and it was harder to figure out what they were trying to express. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if ...