Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Wine Tasting

Name: Hess Select

Grape Variety: Chardonnay

Country of Origin: United States

Region: Monterey County, California

Vintage Year: 2019


Wine Review: A darker hue of yellow in the glass, this bottling offers aromas of peach and salted nuts. The palate is smoothed out in texture, with flavors of yellow peach, lemon and a hint of chamomile -- Matt Kettmann. An overall score of 87

Wine folly pages 96-97: The book noted there might be citrus flavors and more buttery flavors. I got a mango hint and in the chart it is listed under tropical fruits. In that group is also pineapple which is popular in the California region. I didn’t get any stronger buttery or vanilla tastes, but I could tell that it was a light airy wine. I also ate some cheese with it and they did not pair together, the book also says that it is paired well with softer foods like a lobster. 

My Review: I enjoyed this wine, I am trying to open myself up to white wines. I think this was a good start. It wasn’t too bitter or tangy. I think it had the right amount of tropical hints as well as being light. There wasn’t a bite at the end of it like a lot of other white wines have. 

I did try this wine with both aged cheddar and havarti and I don’t think either one paired well with the Chardonnay.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Wine Tasting 4/15/23

I had tried a wine-to-go pinot grigio before for a wine and cheese but it was a different brand so I wanted to try another brand and see if ...